Registered Veterinary Technician – Neurology Job at Lakeshore Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital – Mississauga, ON
Registered Veterinary Technician – Neurology
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners(“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for the Neurology department.
Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire technicians for our Neurology department.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
About the role
Our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- A strong drive to help pets (and their pet-parents)
- Ability to use independent judgement and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a cooperative team setting
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
- New grads welcomed!
Duties and Responsibilities
- Patient care, including admitting patients to the hospital, placing IV catheters, administering medications and performing passive range of motion exercises of neurologically abnormal patients
- Anesthesia – case preparation and set up of anesthetic machine, monitors, anesthetic agents required for case and specialized equipment as per the AHP Anesthetic SOP
- Provides continuous monitoring of the animal throughout the entire anesthetic period
- Acquire radiographs
- Operate CT scanner
- Administer sedation and monitor patients as required for procedures
- Collect, prepare and submit lab samples
- Perform basic laboratory work
- Create and manage patient day sheets according to internist orders
- Assist during patient examinations and procedures
- Communicate with clients during collection of history, patient discharges or getting clinical updates over the phone and helping answer client clinical questions
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- Continuing education allowance
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- Competitive compensation
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
Please send your cover letter and resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Morning shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- veterinary technician: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Lakeshore Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON