Registered Veterinary Technician – Emergency Department Job at Lakeshore Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital – Mississauga, ON
Registered Veterinary Technician – Emergency Department (ER)
Animal Health Partners Lakeshore
Lakeshore Animal Health Partners (“Lakeshore”) is seeking a Registered Veterinary Technician for the Emergency department.
Lakeshore will be located in the Greater Toronto Area and plans to offer 24/7 emergency care alongside a comprehensive array of specialty veterinary services. At the root of everything we do at Animal Health Partners is our guiding mission to provide pets with access to the same quality of healthcare available to their owners. Animal Health Partners and VetStrategy are partnering to build Lakeshore, the second AHP location, as our next step toward that mission. We are looking to hire technicians for our Emergency department.
Lakeshore will share many of the same amenities as the existing Animal Health Partners location in an expanded footprint. The technical proficiency and medical equipment at Toronto Animal Health Partners equal or exceed that found in many sophisticated human hospitals; our 3-Tesla MRI provides clinicians with exceptional diagnostic capabilities. Furthermore, AI-enabled software systems and our hospital design, informed by veterinarians in our network, help support our clinicians by keeping their focus on delivering high-quality care to patients.
About the role
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Registered Veterinary Technician with the Ontario Association of Veterinary Technicians
- Experience in emergency medicine is an asset
- A successful ER technician must be able to perform well under pressure
- The ability to communicate and function well in a team atmosphere
- A passion for what they do every day
- A positive attitude, enthusiasm for the job
- A drive to make a difference in pets and their pet parents’ lives
Skills and Effort Requirements
Under the supervision of the Emergency DVM, the duties and responsibilities of the ER Veterinary Technician include:
- Triaging emergency patients, and history taking
- Performing and submitting laboratory samples
- Administering oral, IM, IV medications
- Ability to use independent judgment and initiative
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to participate as a cooperative team member
- Performing various treatments and diagnostics as directed
- MUST be willing/able to work night, holidays and weekends
- Should be able to multitask
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Animal Health Partners is part of the VetStrategy group of clinics. VetStrategy is a 100% Canadian operated group of veterinary clinics with locations throughout Canada. We believe that veterinary clinics are an integral part of the community they serve and as such we put a large focus on community-based activities and initiatives. Every clinic we partner with is unique and serves a very diverse client base.
This role works out of a dynamic clinic setting and requires computer usage (research, typing, etc.) and medical equipment usage. This role oversees the health and wellness of animals which may require bending, lifting, twisting. This role requires daily attention to multiple priorities and competing demands with minimal supervision.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Friendly and supportive work environment
- UNLIMITED Continuing education allowance for ER and ICU technicians
- Comprehensive benefit plan including medical/dental coverage
- ER and ICU technicians also qualify for a $4000 annual retention bonus
- Access to Animal Care Technology online training
- Access to medical webinar events throughout the year by leading specialists
- Opportunity to advance in your career and career planning
- Commitment to the community and to helping pets in need
- Competitive medical and pet supply discounts
- Canada wide internal transfer opportunities
We offer high starting pay, an exciting work environment and an excellent compensation package. Benefits include medical/dental coverage, paid sick days, paid CE, uniform allowance and a generous pet discount, and a unique 2 days, 2 nights, 5 DAY OFF rotation.
If you are interested in joining our dynamic team, please email resume and cover letter.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Retention bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Mississauga, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- veterinary technician: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: One location
About the Company
Company: Lakeshore Animal Health Partners Emergency and Specialty Hospital –
Company Location: Mississauga, ON